7 Things I Love and Appreciate About My Blog
Happy Friday! It was my blog’s anniversary this week. In fact my blog turned 7 on Tuesday the 12th. I know I’m technically a little late but I’ve had this photo shoot planned but the weather had other plans and only stopped raining on Wednesday. The 12th of June marked 7 years since I wrote my first post on this blog. It’s been seven years which is so crazy. I had just turned 18 and was just about to start my second year of college. I had no idea that 7 years later I would stick with it and make a career out of it. That decision was the best thing I ever did and I don’t regret sitting down to write that post and the post after that. I don’t regret the sleepless nights over trying to get a blog post out despite having a final exam the next day in a major subject that could make or break my grade. It was an escape from what I had going on in the real world and now it is where I make my money from. So it makes me so happy being able to say 7 years down the line that it was the best thing to happen to me. Every year my blog grows older I get more thankful and more emotional that I started fashionxfairytale. To celebrate 7 years of blogging here on fashionxfairytale, I thought I would list 7 things I love and appreciate about my blog.
| top // skirt // earrings // bow // shoes // balloon |
Before we jump into the reasons I love my blog, I thought I would share my outfit details. Of course to represent my blog I had to dress in it’s color scheme to match. I put on this all pink outfit and felt like the girliest princess possible. My sweater is new and it is the softest thing I own and looks so cute. My skirt is custom made but I linked a similar one above. Then my shoes are my go to cream ones that are easy to walk and twirl in. For accessories, I went with my H&M hot pink statement earrings and a matching bow from Forever 21. Last I love my makeup I did for this and maybe have a post about it soon. I love that I picked an outfit to match my blog aesthetic because I’m extra like that.
I read back my first post to make sure the date was correct (which indeed it was) and it reminded me of how I used to write and I can still see my younger self sitting in front of my very old laptop typing each word up. I mean it wasn’t that long ago but at the same time it feels like it was.
I talk about my dreams and now that it’s been seven years I can happily say some of those dreams have come true, some I’m still working on and some I sadly lost interest in. However one thing remains the same. I’m still a dreamer and will never give that up. If you are feeling as nostalgic as I am go ahead and read my first blog post where I give a short introduction about myself and what my plans were for this blog back in 2011 here.
- It’s my own – This year I took the plunge and transferred my blog from Blogger to self-hoseted WordPress and I don’t regret it. At first I was a little put off because everything was new and I missed my old format but after 4 months I can say I love it even more. I’m so happy everything is my own now and I own this site. I talk a little about it down below.
- Expanded my creativity – It has done so well for me to explore my creativity. I get to explore different creative outlets and taught myself new skills. I get to do so many creative things with blogging and it is such a joy getting to explore it and get more into it.
- Be my own boss – One of the best parts and things I love is that I am in control. I take care of everything. I mean sometimes doing everything runs me down but when I pick myself back up it is so worth it I can be my own boss and control how much I work.
4. Taking and being in pictures – I’ve always loved taking pictures and since I was born I’ve been photographed so no surprise I love it but I also love taking pictures. At a young age I showed an interest in taking pictures and had a camera to snap photos. Now I get to showcase photos I take and photos taken of me and I turned my loves as a kid to a career as a young adult.
5. Gave me confidence – I’ve mentioned this a few times but blogging has grown my confidence. I have so much more confidence now in myself, my body and it’s made me grow out of my shy little shell.
6. Blogging friends – One of the best things is blogging friends and the community. I have made so many great friends around the world who share the same passion as me and relates to what I do.
7. Learned so much from it – I have learned so much and this blog has taught me so many lessons I will treasure. It’s been a learning experience and everyday I learn something new. It’s why I love blogging because it’s a never ending lesson which makes it so exciting.[/left][right][/right]
Speaking of lessons learned from blogging, you can check out my 6th year anniversary blog post where I talked about the lessons I learned in those 6 years here and the lessons blogging has taught me here.
I was going to discuss how I am liking WordPress and giving a review of it but I think that needs to be a separate in depth post. SO far after having it my own for 3 months now I have gotten used to it and blogging with it but still learning all the fun features and I’m sure there are a lot more I don’t know about it. So for a mini review of WordPress, I think it is pretty cool and I’m enjoying it.[left][/left][right][/right]
It finally stopped raining so I can shoot these pictures. I’ve had this post written even before my blog anniversary but sadly the weather wasn’t cooperating and so I couldn’t do the pictures for this post. Now that I have I am so happy with how they turned out. This might be my last outfit shoot here in the Philippines before moving and I realized this after the shoot. I won’t be able to shoot at my favorite pink wall I discovered about 15 minutes from my house. I mean I’m sure LA has even more pretty and Instagram famous backgrounds so I shouldn’t feel too bad but I started fashion blogging and searching the perfect places to shoot pictures here and I won’t be able to shoot there again for a while. That’s why I had to shoot one last time here at the pink building as it has become one of my faves. It is really bittersweet but I had fun shooting this and getting to pose with balloons are my favorite. There is a whole story about the balloon for this shoot but I won’t get into it as it will just make my blood boil from the struggle I had with the balloon and the weather. I did like this little seven balloon and it made it’s point. I think I have one more outfit shoot but it isn’t a planned one and themed one like this so I think it had to give me a struggle to make it memorable. I kind of liked that I still got to do a shoot for my blog anniversary even though I’m in the middle of moving. I can remember the seventh year by.
Those were 7 things I love and appreciate about my blog! Of course there are so many more reasons I could list besides these 7 however since it is my 7th year I thought I would just list seven for each year. I could be here all day giving you reason after reason why I love my blog and just blogging in general. For now I will leave you with just these. I hope this was inspiring and you enjoyed reading this. I can’t believe it’s been another year since I started this blog. Here’s to as many more to come for fashionxfairytale.
Congrats on that achievement. I hope that I’m still doing this in 7 years time.
Thanks and if you keep with it then I’m sure you will get there!
Such a cute post! I definitely agree with everything!
Thanks and glad you agree!
Congrats on 7 years! It’s amazing that you kept your blog going for this long! I am just starting out and dealing with those new blogger struggles so I look up to you! If I can keep my blog running for 7 years I will feel proud!
Thanks so much! I know how it feels and if you keep up with it then you will get there too. I hope you do!
Lizzie Bee says
Ah this post is giving me so many happy vibes! Congrats on your 7 years anniversary, and I love all of the little things about your blog. I’ve been more and more interested in moving over to WordPress but I’m too chicken to do so.
I totally get you on the boosting confidence aspect, and making good friends through blogging! I don’t know what I’d do without my blog tbh.
And I absolutely ADORE your outfit! You are the cutest and seeing so much pink makes my heart happy.
Thank you! I’m glad you love this post and agree with it.