March Highlights – Month in Photos
It’s already April! So that means it is officially my birthday month! Don’t you just love your birthday month and try to celebrate all month long or is it just me? I’m hoping April will be just as fun as March was for me and I got to accomplish quite a lot and had a lot of highlights to share. As you may know I started this last month and really liked doing that so I’m doing another monthly picture catchup post as I really like sharing what I did in the past month. Now I don’t know what’s coming up in April and what plans I have to celebrate my birthday but let’s rewind and take a look at my March! Here are some of my highlights:
- Having brunch with my parents. It was pancake day and IHOP had a special so my parents and I decided to go and it was our first time having IHOP again. I remember eating there all the time when I was little and having breakfast there when we still lived in the US so this was a fun treat. You can see my blog post of what I wore that day here.
- Spending time with my family on my grandmother’s 85th birthday. It’s not everyday your grandmother turns 85 or that half your family comes over to celebrate so it was one of my fave highlights this month. When I got there after class I saw food, balloons and a whole lot of happy people. It was fun and we all got to hang out and eat cake.
- Dreaming of living in the city. I go to class ther every Wednesday and Saturday and I just love being there. I know it may be traffic but the city life just mazes me. Plus seeing the sunset over the buildings out on the horizon is just so pretty to look at so who wouldn’t want to move there?
- Mall date with my Aunt.I just went out to take outfit pictures one day and I brought my aunt along to help me with the pictures. We got to have lunch afterwards and went with my dad as well so he can fix his computer problems. The outfit post from that day can be found here.
- Discovering a Subway in a local shopping center. I miss Subway so much and used to love getting their sandwiches after school when I still lived in the US. Having one again makes me want to eat nothing but sandwiches and I really want one now as I’m writing this.
- Selfies with my dad. Is it just me or does your dad like taking selfies too? I hardly take them but when my dad and I are out somewhere then he tells me we should take a picture and we end up with this. Fun times!
- Treating my dad to a birthday lunch. It was my dad’s birthday on the 23rd so we went out to lunch at Wendy’s after my photography class as an early treat. Can you see a theme here? All my highlights include some kind of eating at US food chains sort of thing. We both miss American food apparently. My blog post of the outfit I wore can be seen here.
- Finishing my Fashion Styling course. This was a bittersweet highlight as I am happy I am done but will miss the classes and the friends I made. I really enjoyed the course and I am so proud of the fashion magazine I did myself. All the work I put into it paid off and it is such a relief I got it done. That course was definitely my favorite highlight.
- Getting a new blog redesign. Lastly another highlight of mine is getting a blog redesign. I’m so happy with it that it had to be one of my highlights and really my blog will always be a highlight in my life. You can read more about that here.
As for fashionxfairytale in the month of March, I got a blog redesign by the lovely Giada and she did a fantastic job. Last month as I said I was planning on it and it was already in the beginning stages but I didn’t want to jinx it and glad I didn’t. So with the blog redesign and makeover I’ve been more inspired all around lately. My writing bock has passed and I am pumping out blog posts and writing like crazy lately which is fun. The words are just pouring out of me and I could get pretty much the entire week’s blog posts written and scheduled in an evening which is quite good I think. I feel I am improving in my blog photography and I’m happy with the images I am producing. I hope you are liking it as well but the response so far is quite pleasant which is wonderful. I have been sticking to a schedule and I’m really liking it which is I post 4 times a week and I change it up a bit sometimes but it has been working well and the response is good. I was going to post everyday in April like I did in previous years but I’m not going to commit to that and just stick to the schedule and if I post extra than that’s fine. I’ve really been loving posting on fxf and setting it up to be more professional and adding SEO and Google Analytics has been helpful after reading a lot of articles and blog posts about it since I am trying to grow my blog more and hope to slowly make a career out of it since it has been the only thing I feel I would be good at and combines what I want to do in my life all in one place. It’s silly but I’ve been taking small steps and just watching it grow makes me so incredibly happy I cant describe it nor put it into words. To wrap it up, I just wanted to say I’m grateful you are reading my little blog of mine and fxf has been so fun for me!
Those were my highlights and an incredibly month for me. I’m hoping April will be just as memorable and since it is the start of summer I am already dreaming and planning of what I want to do through April and May. Hope you enjoyed my babble for the month!
PS: Happy April Fools!
What was a special moment that happened to you in March?
Maireem Maneje says
Love this :)www.maireem.blogspot.com
Thanks Maireem, glad you did!xo Jackie
Feathers Ah! So Cute! says
The sunset /sunrise picture is gorgeous! Do you have a bigger version?Feathers || Ah! So Cute!
Thanks, I do but its on my instagram and when blown up not too good of quality. You can find it there.xo Jackie
Emma Wills says
You have a really beautiful blog, thanks for sharing!! X
Thanks Emma for your lovely comment and glad you like my blog!xo Jackie
Happy 85th birthday to your grandmother, that's amazing! Sounds like you had a lovely March :)Rebecca Coco
Thanks I'll be sure to tell her and it was fun. Thanks for the lovely comment Rebecca!xo Jackie
Charlee Greenhalgh says
Looks like you had a lovely March hun 🙂 Happy birthday to your grandmother and dad 🙂 Loving your new blog design also sweetie :)Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee
I did and it was a fun one! I'll be sure to tell them and glad you are liking my new blog design Charlee!xo Jackie
Chontelle Louisee says
Looks like your March was fab! Love this post hun <3xxwww.chontellelouise.blogspot.com.austop by if you like <3
It was Chontelle and I really enjoyed the little moments that happened throguh it. Glad you liked it!xo Jackie