February Highlights – Month in Review
February was quite a lovely month for me so I decided to show you some snapshots of what I’ve been up to last month. I used to do Sunday Summaries every Sunday but I never had enough pictures or really concentrate on doing a post like that when some weeks I have so many things to do. So I came up with a nice alternative to show you pictures from my iPhone and my DSLR. I don’t know what’s coming up in March but let’s rewind and take a look at my February! Here are some of my highlights:
- Exploring the city. I got to go up to Makati and just walk around and scout out all the malls and just being in the city just seems so magical when it’s busy.
- Outfit shoots. Ive had a thing for outfit shoots and its been my goal to improve on them and have them be a main focus on fxf from now on.
- Going to the Art Fair. Going to the Art Fair with my Styling Class has definitely been a highlight and what a fun day out seeing the art galleries and spending time with friends.
- Eating a gigantic cookie. It doesn’t seem big in the picture but it was as big as my head and was so delicious. I bought this at Coffee Bean while I was with my styling group shooting a 6 page fashion editorial.
- Shooting my Valentines Day outfit. I spent my Valentines with my classmates from fashion school and we all went out to lunch together. It was nice and afterwards I got to shoot my outfit in front of this ‘LOVE’ sign on the side of a busy expressway. What I do for outfit pictures sometimes is plain crazy.
- Getting my makeup done at a makeup counter. I went in to the department store and wanted to try some new products so one of the lovely ladies offered to give me a free makeover and this was the final output. The results were so nice I had to take a selfie.
- Planning for a fashion magazine. For our final project in styling class we are to do a 60 page magazine. We plan, shoot, edit and print our on fashion magazine and I am so excited/nervous about it. I met up with my partner at her condo and we stayed at the clubhouse in a cafe overlooking the pool. We were both busy coming up with plans and schedules. Let the chaos begin!
- Having lunch with my parents.I got to go out with my parents and we went out to lunch at this yummy Chinese cuisine place.
- Finding my style aesthetic. I have found my style aesthetic and it’s Whimsical. My styling teacher challenged us to find an aesthetic since the beginning but I never knew exactly what mine was until the other day while I was looking up inspiration for our fashion magazine. I told my styling teacher and he was so happy I found it and knew all along but didn’t want to tell me. My outfit that day explained that clearly and I just love the details of my skirt.
As for fashionxfairytale I enjoyed all my posts and hope you have been enjoying more outfit posts as if you haven’t noticed I have been turning towards the route of more fashion and style posts. I enjoy taking the pictures and writing outfit pictures or styling posts more than I have been with beauty lately and I am still going to do beauty posts but not as much anymore. I have also been trying more lifestyle posts which are fun too. And one last thing, I think I have a schedule I’ve been following for my blog. So Tuesday and Friday have been my outfit post days and Thursday and Saturday are for beauty or lifestyle posts. I might not follow this exactly but it keeps me organized and it fits my personal life well. I also have a few more changes I am planning on for fxf and one of them might be a blog redesign which I’m quite excited for.
Those were my highlights and a pretty fun month. I’m hoping March will be just as amazing and I have many plans coming up.
What was your highlight of February?
Rebecca Turner says
Beautiful pictures! 🙂 Rebecca | Rebecca Marie xx
Thanks and glad you found them nice!xo Jackie
Lovely pictures! xThe Belle Narrative