Happy June to you! It is one of my favorite lifestyle type blog posts to do. It means doing my monthly highlights I started and look back on my month to recap my little adventures. I wanted to show you the snapshots I took from Instagram and also a few shots from my camera. The summer season is coming to an end but not for me since I am no longer in school so that doesn't worry me. The weather however is getting worse and we are experience some thunderstorms and rain showers so that nice summer sun is saying goodbye which is making me sad. I'm hoping we have a few more sunny days before the rainy season starts though. With just two seasons here it gets pretty annoying though. Enough with my sad weather update why don't I show you the moments I documented and see what I got up to this month. Let's rewind and take a look at my May! Here are some of my highlights:
- Summer road trip. In the beginning of the month I went on a road trip for a week and enjoyed being away from the city and out in the country side with my cousin Lynn and her family. I got to be away from the internet and just have a cleanse. I read a few books, had great food and spent time with family which is amazing.
- Pool day. I spent the whole day at the pool when I was on my road trip and it was the high light of my trip. We rented out a whole pool and just lounged and had a picnic. We took pictures underwater and swam and it was a fun time.
- Basketball game. My cousin plays basketball and he had a few games throughout May. He's super tall at 6'3 but my family is pretty tall in general as I am 5'9 but we all range from 5'7 to about 6'1. So we are a family full of giants I guess. Actually they won all the games and the championships are tomorrow as I am writing this so I don't know if they win or loss yet. His son is adorable as he has a matching jersey and uniform and they're pictures are too cute for words. My favorite part of the game is that I live tweet it so if you want to hear about it as it happens if he wins or loses you can follow me on Twitter as I try and be a sports commentator over there.
- Focus on blogging. I enjoyed using my notebook and getting back in writing in my blog planner again.
- Favorite Outfits. I just enjoyed the two outfits this month which you can see here and here. Those floral leggings are so pretty and I am looking forward to styling them in different ways.
- Summer Manicure. This combo has been on my nails non-stop all month and the color all summer so it was definitely considered a highlight. I wrote a blog post if you want to know the details in Hot Pink Glitter Tips.
- Another Bay side stroll. After picking up my cousin Lynn at the bus terminal as she wanted to spend her birthday with me we went to the bay again. We have lunch and then another opportunity to take outfit pictures in the same location since it was really pretty. Also it was very sunny which was nicer than last time.
- Pizza Party Friday Night. It has been a while since I had pizza delivered. It was a nice treat and I think pizza is my favorite food. Also I totally yelled pizza party Friday night when I found out it was Friday and I think that means I watch too many Sacconejoly vlogs. They make me want pizza every time.
Those were my highlights and an incredibly summery month for me. I didn't do a whole lot but for me I had a nice summer away and enjoyed the hot days. I don't know what I have in store for June but I am hoping to do something or try something new. Maybe I can make it a goal to try two new things in June and hope to report back I did. Please remind me in case I forget. Growing up in the US I used to love June since it reminds me of the summers I had when I lived there. Let me know what your summer is going to look like because I know a lot of you are going to start yours. Hope you enjoyed my babble for the month!
What is your favorite summer activity?